Posts Tagged by Make
|January 22, 2013||Posted by Pedro under News||
Concept by Magdalena Reiter
Last week we got some copies of Make Design Open. The booklet covers copyright issues, networks and the pillars for a possible new economy in design.
The booklet is a great intro for those who like to know more about Open Design, covering many different aspects that makes this movement possible. From the original concept and how it is developing, new ways of producing and funding your designs and even new market places.
Read more about the project here: www.makedesignopen.com
|October 21, 2012||Posted by Pedro under MakerLab Istanbul||
The concepts develops to: Viral Plug ins for the public space.Alex taking pictures of the public furniture. The photos will be uploaded to 123D-Catch and a 3D model is created. The plug in can be then created directly around the object. Photo by ErinTrk
- Confirm concept and production process
- Each person selects a public structure for which he will produce the plug-in
- Make pictures to do 3D scan of the objects.
- Design an object which fits that bollard and that contributes to the public space use
- Transform object to Intersecting slices so that we can produce it with the laser cutter.
Most of us can use already 3D modelling tools, but still we find some challenges when adapting the products for this kind of production. It true that the interfaces will be more and more easy for all to use, but in the mean time might this project be more about a library of products, that people can adapt to their environment, or can non-experts produce objects from start to end?