Posts Tagged by insights
|October 19, 2012||Posted by Pedro under MakerLab Istanbul||
the video captures some of today moments. We will try to produce every day a short caption.
Today was about sharing our insights with two focus
- Adhocracy exhibition: We all searched the exhibition picking up projects that we believe are relevant to take further
- Galate district (Istanbul): The past days we have been walking around capturing samples of adhoc attitude, or opportunities where Adhocracy could offer a solution.
The process develop like this:
- Pick up a inspiring project from the Adhocracy exhibition. Why?
- Pick up 3 pictures from the Galata district and mention how Adhocracy is being implemented by the citizens, or how Adhocracy could be implemented based on the projects you have seen
- Cluster insights into themes and find a title for each cluster
- Make questions which related those themes and challenges we find in Istanbul
- Select most relevant and make teams around them (each one chooses the topic he is most interested in
- Brainstorm concepts that could solve those challenges
- Select one (per team) and develop
We did rounds sharing with each other our thoughts and trying to identify challenges that could be:
- Resolved in 7 days (or at least provide an insightful prototype)
- Relevant to the topic of Adhocracy
- Compelling for us
Not having a clear challenge to solve, and trying to keep open for unexpected directions did slow the process. We wanted to go in depth. Have an understanding of the topic and the different perspectives that each one brings, so that a series of related concepts come out. So we couldn’t arrive to a clear concept, but tomorrow we will choose a clear direction.
Our problem is self chosen. We know that it would have been much easier to develop a concept before, and exhibit it here. However our expectation goes a little bit further, we want to work with what have been done to date, what is present, and see how it can be develop or applied. We want to do something that is alive and adaptable. The question is: Does this kind of process provide with, not with the so called innovative or new, but plain good results?
Pictures from process
|April 5, 2012||Posted by Pedro under MakerLab Milan||
On Tuesday we went around the city looking for interesting spots.
Each Maker gathered images that inspired them in certain way. Either as a spot to do something, or as an image that represents certain need of the city or opportunity .
Later on we gathered all images on a table and each one of us choose those that somehow sparked a keyword. We then group them into 4 groups that represented those topics we are most interested about because they are latent in the city.
- Education and Awareness
- Sharing, Collaboration, Participate
- Communication and Human relationships.
More photos from the day out can be find in our flickr group