Posts Tagged by 5
|October 24, 2012||Posted by Pedro under MakerLab Istanbul||
A video is 1000 pictures. The follwing relates the process to make one plug in.
Each one of the plugs ins that we are designing varies slightly in how is being implemented depending on our concept, the conditions of the structure, our skills with the tools we are using etc. However the basic structure looks like this
- Take pictures of the public structure that you want to use for the plug in.
- Upload pictures to 123D Captch to make a 3D scan of the structure. If you have an I-Phone you can upload directly as you take the pics.
- Import the file to a 3D modelling program. You can use free software like Sketch Up, or any other surface modelling program.
- Model your plug in around it. In this way you will have an almost perfect fit. But still have to deal with how it will be connect to it!
- Import your 3D model to 123Make, and select interlocking slices
- Save files and Laser cut them
- Put it together,
- Place it in the public space.
Of course, even if it sounds easy, prototyping to reality is the only way to know if it works. And not surprisingly there is still a lot of twicking and filing of the models to make them work.