MakerLab Istanbul: Second Day
|October 19, 2012||Posted by Pedro under MakerLab Istanbul||
Today we wanted to set a direction and start to design the details of the concept.
Each one of us develops a concept that is relevant for Istanbul and based on a thinking which takes in consideration previous work done by Open Structures and Open Ecology.
- Each person chooses a concept and designs how it could work.
- Present the directions to each other to get feedback.
- Develops further the idea
- Present concepts to each other (16:30)
- Choose common objects to develop further based on previous direction and agreed aspects.
For that we first wanted to find out a global concept.
Looking at most of the directions we have been exploring we see a common trend. Public furniture that is used to hack the public space for different purposes. We call it: Construction Set for Public Furniture
But once we tried to choose one concept the discussion went own forever.
Is there a flaw in the process that we are trying to use?
Do we need to eliminate variables ? Be more precise about the user, the environment, etc?
However, we do have a concept:
A set of plug ins for street bollards.
This project would be about helping people to use public structures to build on top furniture that they want or need. But:
- How will it be connected?
- Who will do the designs?
- How will it be produced?
- What is the common concept?
The challenge is to answer this question in a way that we can bring a new and better possibility for people to interact and construct the common public space