Design Activism at DMY 2012
|May 30, 2012||Posted by Pedro under Human Rights MakerLab||
This years MakerLab is about Human Rights.
Through the lab we will explore the opportunities and challenges of having a logo for Human Rights, and take the opportunity to do something about them.
Rather than waiting for others to change the world situation, we will instead create a collective action which have enough impact to disrupts the way things are.
As part of the activities we are proposing we are looking for 10 creatives from different disciplines that want to take part in this process and have a say during the DMY Berlin 2012.
Interested people will take part in a creative process focused around a challenge that we all identify with and try to design a way to get all the DMY visitors and exhibitors to make something about it.
We are making two calls:
- Thursday, 7th of June: How to magnify a proposed action?
- We invite participants to spend the day at DMY International Design Festival and find ways in which Human Rights are being threatened or empowered within the event.
- At 16:00, workshop participants will meet at the MakerLab to identify a challenge that we all identify with and we will have a Hold Up Session to solve this challenge determined by the participants!
- We will take the action and augmented through the 3 days of the event to try to get all DMY visitors and exhibitors to do something about that challenge.
- Friday, 8th of June: How can the human rights symbol be linked to meaningful action to reflect a “people’s” version of the UN Declaration for Human Rights?
In this 2 hr workshop, we will bring together multi-disciplinary participants as sensemakers to solve a challenge for a social enterprise. During the creativity workshop, we develop prototypes for solutions to solve the challenge. Learn more about Hold Ups from MakeSense founder Christian Vanizette here
MakeSense Gangsters Daniel Hires & Kate Michi Ettinger
Friday 8th: 15:00 -> 17:00
Get in touch with us if you like to know more or take part.
The Hold-Up process will be facilitated by MakeSense. They are a global community of young people passionate for social enterprise. You can learn more about us on our blog:we.makesense.org and check out MakeSense in 1 Min. Web: www.makesense.org