Public Action: April 19th, 20th and 21st. Come and Make
|April 18, 2012||Posted by Pedro under MakerLab Milan||
We are apropriating the Via Cuccagna and customizing it. We want to do public design, in the public space, and we invite everybody interested to join us.
The MakerLab Milan has been happening since the 1st of April at the Superground (Artkichen). During the last weeks, we have been getting to know Milan and its inhabitants. Inspired by them, and together with some locals, we have develop two projects (read more here) which will be happening this week.
Parallel to that, we wanted to show our process live and open to the public during the Salone, for that we have set our self at the Via Cuccagna, just outside the Cascina Cuccagna, where we have build (and continue building) a space which covers our needs as creative activist.
What we want to do is:
- Open up the design process to all. Designers play the role of facilitators to help the public express its creativity
- Create a temporary meet up place for creatives, researchers and activist, who want to share their knowledge.
- Built a workshop where the ideas transfered and discussed can become reallity.
This is what we are doing.
In the calendar we will be updating some of the activities that are taking place.
Our temporary space at Via Cuccagna has:
- Co-working space with wi-fi:
- Workshop (with working bench and tools):
- Public cinema (For documentaries, and film evenings): (Under construction)
- Chilling area (with hope for sun):
- We have an analogue timetable where we (and you) will be writing what is going on each day: