Sharism Makerlab Exhibition Sprint (Warsaw, 2011)
|September 14, 2011||Posted by Pedro under Uncategorized||
Pre-Creative Commons Global Summit, Sept 15-16, 2011, Warsaw, Poland
The SHARISM MAKERLAB will be held in Warsaw on Thursday, September 15 and Friday, September 16, 2011, right before the Global Creative Commons Summit. Our two-day event joins international makers, progammers, artists, musicians, designers, and thinkers with local collaborators, to work towards the goal to start the day with ideas to share, media to select (Audio, Video, Objects and Web), and an end goal to produce work to be shown the following night a public exhibition. The event starts with an overview, and then participants are to work in teams to make projects during the day. At the end, they come together to share their creations to Warsaw and visiting Creative Commons guests in town. The entire event will be live streamed, photoblogged, and massively tweeted.
The event is free and open to the public. Registration prior is encouraged. If you are interested in hosting a Sharism Makerlab, please email the sharism team.
REASONS TO SHARE:
- Learn Open Source Software: Inkscape for Illustrations, Open Font Library for making Fonts, Ardour for Audio, PD for Audio, HTML5 for Programming, KiCAD for Objects
- Work with Global Makers: Work alongside Michelle Thorne (Mozilla), Christopher Adams (Fabricatorz/Sharism), Jon Phillips (Fabricatorz), Nathan Kinkade (Creative Commons), Mike Linksvayer (Creative Commons), Greg Grossmeier (CC), Jakub Jankiewicz (Open Clip Art Library), Bassel Safadi (Aiki Lab), Pedro Pineda (MakerLab) and more
- Be Active, Not Passive: Learn by creating real Audio, Video, Image, Text and Objects with the GOOD pressure of Friday night opening exhibition.
- Release into Public Domain: There is a workshop on the public domain, and all audio, video, image, text and objects will be released into the Public Domain.
- Get Credit: We don’t do demos, we do realidad. What better way to improve your job prospects and join the Sharism Movement, other than by doing real projets.
Read more at: Sharism
Use @sharism and #sharism on the web.